Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last Company Visits

On Wednesday we had our last two company visits of the trip.  Our first visit was to Hela, a hardware producer.  The company specializes in producing and distributing hardware supplies.  We were taken around the factory and were shown how they produce their various brushes, such as paintbrushes.  Inside the factory it was very noisy, so we had to wear earplugs.  There was a lot of machinery being operated so we also had to wear protective goggles while we were inside the factory.  Our second company visit of the day and final one of the trip was to Centauro, a canned food manufacturer.  The owner of the company took us around the manufacturing plant and gave us samples of canned peaches, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and pumpkin paste.  The peaches were the best peaches I have ever had in my life; I wish I could've had more.  I don't really like tomatoes at all but I even thought they didn't taste too bad.  The pumpkin paste was interesting and it tasted pretty good too.  After this visit we went to get empanadas from a different restaurant than we usually go to.  I like the empanadas at the first restaurant better.  After empanadas, we went back to the University for Cueca dance lessons.  In my opinion, this dance was the hardest of the three we learned.  Even though I was really bad at it, I still had a fun time learning and trying the dance.  After the Cueca lessons, we headed back to the hotel and watched some movies to relax a little bit.  Some of us headed to Subway for a snack and just like McDonald's, Subway in Chile tastes just like Subway in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment