Thursday, May 17, 2012

Horseback Riding in Chile

Today is our last full day in Chile.  I can't believe the trip is almost over already.  This morning we packed on the bus and were taken to a ranch for horseback riding and a Chilean barbecue.  I have never been horseback riding, or even on a horse so I was excited but nervous at the same time to do this.  Before we got our horses, we spent time looking at chickens, boars, cows, and pigs.  They had both adult and baby animals of all of these so it was really cool to see them interacting together.  We then got our horses; mine was named Vavaro (or something like that), which means The Muddy One.  I don't know how my horse got that name because he wasn't muddy at all.  We went on a three hour-long adventure starting off at the beach.  From there we rode through a small river and into a forest area.  We eventually came upon sand dunes and then made our way back to the beach before returning to the ranch.  The scenery that we saw today was amazing.  When we got back to the ranch we had another Chilean barbecue and after I ate I took a nap on a hammock.  When I woke up I went over to the campfire to roast some marshmallows.  Then our day at the ranch was done.  We're now at the hotel getting ready for dinner.  We're going out to get pizza and this will be our final group dinner together.  Again, I can't believe this is over already.

No comments:

Post a Comment